It’s barely a day since Kenya got to know who will be their President for the next five years, even as the National Super Alliance (NASA) presidential candidate, Raila Odinga, and his supporters continue to reject the results as announced by IEBC.
The Wafula Chebukati-led commission declared Uhuru Kenyatta winner of what pundits termed the hotliest contested presidential race in Kenya’s history, on the night of Friday, August 11.
Zipo.co.ke has established that the preparations are in order by the government to officially have incumbent President Uhuru Kenyatta sworn in for a second term following his victory.
The ceremony which will be held in the country’s capital, will see a number of world leaders flock into the country but that is if Uhuru’s re-election is not successfully challenged by the Opposition at the Supreme Court.
That said, the Chief of Staff Joseph Kinyua and other State House officials are already putting together a list of dignitaries set to receive invitations to the all-important swearing in ceremony of President Kenyatta.
Below see a list of some of the leaders who’ve already made the list.
1. Barack Obama – He is the former President of the United States.
2. Angela Merkel – German Chancellor
3. Theresa May – The United Kingdom Prime Minister
4. Matteo Renzi – Italian Prime Minister
5. Xi Jinping – China President
6. Ellen Johnson Sirleaf – Liberian President
7. Muhammadu Buhari – Nigerian President
8. Paul Kagame – Rwandan President
9. Yoweri Museveni – Ugandan President
10. John Magufuli – Tanzanian President
11. Jacob Zuma – South African President
12. His Royal Highness the Aga Khan
13. Nigerian billionaire businessman Aliko Dangote
A report by the The Standard quoted an unidentified member of the organising committee who said the above mentioned are Uhuru’s friends, that they are just preparing for an ordinary process.
The official date for the swearing ceremony will be determined after fourteen days, the time set aside by the Constitution for anyone who wants to contest the election results.