I expected Uhuru and Ruto to welcome me at JKIA – Raila

I come bearing good news

Raila Odinga_JKIA
NASA leader Raila Odinga and his supporters moments after he arrived from the US on November 17, 2017. PHOTO: NMG

The National Super Alliance leader, Raila Odinga, has expressed disappointment that the Jubilee administration chose to welcome him with teargas when he landed from his ten-day US tour.

Addressing his supporters at Upper Hill in Nairobi after they were denied entry to Uhuru Park grounds for a planned mega homecoming rally, the Opposition chief condemned the police for lobbing teargas and water cannons to disperse his supporters who had come to receive him at the airport.

READ:  MP Alfred Keter arrested in fake Treasury Bills swoop
Police confront Nasa supporters along Mombasa road. /TWITTER

“Nilikuwa nangojea Uhuru Kenyatta anikaribishe airport lakini sio na teargas (I was waiting for Uhuru Kenyatta to receive me at the airport respectfully, not with teargas)”, he said.

Police were forced to use teargas and water canons to disperse supporters of the Opposition leader along Mombasa and Jogoo Roads on Friday, November 17 as they snaked their way from the airport, leading to chaos.

“You have been waiting since morning and I say thank you. You have showed great love. My anger is only towards this young man called Uhuru Kenyatta,” Raila said adding that instead of welcoming him at the airport, the President had opted to spent time with “his William Ruto”.

READ:  Revisiting: Uhuru fixing of Judiciary starts with this letter to Maraga

He went on to say that he had come “with good news for Kenyans” from what Nasa leaders are calling very successful US tour.

“Americans are praying for Kenyans and they are saying change must happen in Kenya..I have come to tell you that the third liberation has begun, this is a sign that this government is falling,” Raila noted.

READ:  Kalonzo Musyoka in trouble as key allies threaten to join Governor Mutua

According to him, his dream to take his supporters to “Canaan” was still alive and that it was just a matter of time. He said he will not stop his push for political change in the country.